Shayne Hughes

Category Posted in Domestic Reframes, Reframe Reflections, Reviews

1. rdf said:

I agree with your assessment that some hold to conspiracy theories b/c they are less frightening than the reality. In fact, I agree with everything you said. I too am of Liberal persuasion and have been dumfounded by the close-mindedness of some of my cohorts (not excluding my own close-mindedness). Where I get stuck personally, is with the last paragraph. How does one bridge the two worlds, that of individual intention to do good and the current reality-in this case the corporate structural system….without becoming a zealot or cynic? For me it boils down to a very simple practice, but even this is not satisfying. To keep my actions in both work and personal matters heart centered. But there must be more? I am interested to hear others perspective on this challenge?

2. Curtis said:

The truism here is that behavior follows structure. But that’s not all behavior all the time. It’s just harder to engage in behavior that is counterstructure. The less-noted truism is that structure eventually follows behavior–that is, enough behavioral pressure on the system changes the structure. We like to think of “pressure on the system” as protesting, boycotting, criticizing, and opting out. Generally the structure is quite robust against such stuff, just as our acquaintances are robust against our snubs, our head-on attacks, and our talking behind their backs. Effective pressure, like being a good friend, is much harder and usually involves earning the trust of the people/structure you want to change and finding a very sympathetic way to convey your ideas and concerns. We are rarely so clear, committed and unselfish, and the structure rarely changes.

3. Darius Falling said:

It’s thrilling to see that the beginner blog owners are once more aiming at bringing a more rounded information instead of just aiming on insignificant and junky articles. Like this the assets of individual article are more feasable to be shown.

4. cityville said:

i wouldn’t have supposed this had been impressive a few years ago and yet its amusing the way in which years adjusts the means by which you see varying creative concepts, many thanks with regard to the posting it truly is good to start reading anything clever once in a while in lieu of the normal trash mascarading as blogs on the net

5. ????? said:

????????????????????????????????????????10???????????????????????????????1????????????????????????????????

6. www.hu.goodface.org said:

Thanks for finally writing about > Movie: ?Who Killed the Electric Car?? and a Reflection on Change in
    our Society | Context for Humanity < Loved it!

7. Trusted SEO Company in Vermont said:

Thanks for discussing such terrific info with us, i cherish it.

I merely wished to leave a remark in your guestbook and say:
    Sustain the good work!

8. áo phông n? ng?n tay cá tính said:

Spot on with this write-up, I truly believe that this website needs
    a lot more attention. I’ll probably be back again to see more, thanks for the information!

9. Janessa said:

What’s up to all, since I am truly keen of reading this website’s post to be updated regularly.

It includes fastidious data.